- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuania and the United Arab Emirates sign an agreement for economic and technical cooperation
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who is visiting the United Arab Emirates as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, met with the UAE Minister of Economy, Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori and signed an agreement for economic and technical cooperation.
“This agreement is an important step in building a solid base for regular and more intensive relations between Lithuania and the United Arab Emirates,” said Linkevičius after signing of the agreement.
The Minister of Economy, Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori spoke at the opening of the Lithuania-UAE business forum in Dubai that attracted a lot of attention of local businesses. The UAE Minister of Economy has promised to visit Lithuania in the following year with a business delegation.
During the visit, the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy also met with the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash, and the Minister of Education, Dr. Ahmed Bahloul. The meeting discussed the security situation in both regions and opportunities for cooperation in the fight against terrorism, especially in the prevention of cyber threats. The UAE Minister of Education took a special interest in cooperation in high technology development.