- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-20 On 20 July, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Article 50) in Brussels.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Linkevičius presents potential of Klaipėda port in Mumbai
On 10 October in Mumbai, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius continued his visit to India, met with representatives from the largest Indian and international transport and logistics companies, and presented the potential of the Port of Klaipėda.
“Klaipėda is the northernmost ice-free port of the Baltic Sea and Lithuania’s geographical position provides unique opportunities for freight shipping to various locations,” said Linkevičius told entrepreneurs in Mumbai.
In the evening, the Minister Linkevičius will attend a solemn concert of the Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra that will also be attended by the Minister of State for External Affairs of India M.J. Akbar. The festive event will take place at the National Centre for the Performing Arts in Mumbai on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the restoration of an independent State of Lithuania.
This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Lithuania and India.