- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations with the delegation of Malta
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Moldova
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 9.35 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and Nicolae Popescu hold a press conference in Chisinau
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Moldova's Prime Minister Maia Sandu
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 12.00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the President of Moldova Igor Dodon
Minister L. Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan
On 11 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the outgoing Ambassador of Kazakhstan Baurzhan Mukhamejanov and thanked the Ambassador for promoting bilateral relations between Lithuania and Kazakhstan during his term of office.
"Lithuania and Kazakhstan enjoy excellent opportunities for further developing their bilateral cooperation in the areas of economy, transport, education, science and technology, health and other mutually beneficial areas. Undoubtedly, the direct flights between Astana and Vilnius that have been operated since May will also help us to tap into the potential and promote tourism," said L. Linkevičius.
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister emphasized Lithuania's support for deeper cooperation between Kazakhstan and the European Union. In this context, the implementation of the EU-Kazakhstan Enhanced Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, signed on 21 December 2015, is of great importance.
As of 1 January 2017, citizens of the European Union and member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development can visit Kazakhstan without a visa for up to 30 days. Lithuania and Kazakhstan established their diplomatic relations on 12 June 1992.